About the Theatre
Backstage staff urgently required!!! We desperately need lighting designers and operators, Stage Managers and Assistant Stage Managers for the current season. If you have experience or would like to learn 'on the job', please get in touch using the form on our Membership Page.
It sounds simple; we put on a varied programme of eight plays each season.
But, of course, things are never as simple as they look. In addition to the acting and directing skills necessary for a successful production there are many other jobs that need doing; some of which are described in more detail on the adjoining pages. The result is a vibrant and enthusiastic community …. always short of help …. always welcoming new-comers …. capable of absorbing almost any skills from building a set, publishing a newsletter, making a costume, teaching young members …. to making a much needed cup of coffee or serving behind the bar.
Our SOCIAL COMMITTEE organises dances, parties, dinners and many special events. The BLT STUDIO presents short plays, play readings, poetry and themed evenings and work by visiting groups and performers. It provides a platform for young or inexperienced performers and directors and for people wishing to gain experience working backstage.
The PLAYING STROLLERS meet once a month for a day’s walking and socialising, usually with a pub involved somewhere along the line.
If you think you might enjoy the company of friendly, hard-working people, why not drop into the theatre any evening during the season and find out more about us. The place is always humming with activity and the bar opens about 9 pm. Just introduce yourself to the people behind the bar.....someone will be delighted to talk to you and show you around.
To contact the secretary for Bingley Little Theatre please use the Feedback form or email direct to email@example.com.
Bingley Little Theatre – Acting Members
DATA PROTECTION INFORMATION
Bingley Little Theatre (BLT) currently obtain the following data on registered members:
Names of Members Members’
Dates of Birth
Landline and/or mobile numbers of member
E-mail addresses of member
Permission to use photographs of members on Bingley Little Theatre & Bingley Arts Centre website and publicity and social media
We require this data for the following reasons:
To notify members of upcoming social events organized by BLT and/or users of Bingley Arts Centre.
To post out the quarterly newsletter.
To notify members of the Annual General Meeting, and/or any other specially organised meetings
To maintain an up to date record of our members, and to remind members when subscriptions are due
To issue membership cards and record relevant information for renewal
To communicate with members if they wish to become involved in various aspects of BLT. (Not limited to Acting, backstage, front of house duties etc)
To contact members who have expressed an interest in acting in a BLT production To contact members who the Reading & Casting or Studio Committee wish to offer role in a BLT production.
To update the acting list of Bingley Little Theatre
We collect data via the following methods:
Membership/Registration form – hard (paper) copy.
E-mailed membership/registration forms.
Electronic form submitted through BLT Website Verbal information provided by the actor/member to a member of the Reading & Casting or Committee, Studio Committee, Membership Co-ordinator or the Artistic Co-ordinator.
We retain this information in the following places:
Hard copies of the membership/registration forms are kept in the care of the Membership Secretary / Chair of Reading & Casting Committee / Chair of Studio in lockable filing cabinets at their homes.
E-mailed registration forms are kept on the password-protected computers of the Membership Secretary / Chair of Reading & Casting Committee at their homes.
Mobile phone numbers of acting members, parents, carers are also kept on the passwordprotected mobile phones of the Reading & Casting Committee, and Chair of Studio.
Hard copies (paper) of the acting list containing names, dates of birth, addresses of acting members are kept by the Chair of Reading & Casting Committee in lockable filing cabinets at their home.
Electronic copies of the acting list are kept on the password-protected computers of the reading and casting committee at their homes.
We keep data for the following amount of time:
We keep data on acting members until they request us to delete the information (whichever is soonest).
We share the data with the following:
Data on members of Bingley Little Theatre will be shared with other members of Bingley Little Theatre in the relevant departments (eg. props, front of house, stage management) in order to communicate with and co-ordinate volunteers.
The following officers and committee members of BLT have access to the acting members data:
Membership Secretary / Membership Co-ordinator / Artistic Co-ordinator / Chair of Studio
Chair of Reading & Casting Committee / Members of Reading & Casting Committee
This would also include sharing details of acting members with directors and stage managers
The data on acting members is updated:
Annually on renewal of Membership
Via e-mail or mobile phone if changes have occurred during the year.
If a BLT member or an outside theatre company requests contact with an acting member regarding casting, we do not divulge their contact details but ask for consent from the enquirer for us to give their contact details. Any requests for acting members 18 or under must be referred to Sally Edwards and to the young person/young person’s parent/carer for them to make contact themselves.
1. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; in this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information.
2. Collecting personal information
1. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1.a. information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
1.b. information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address);
1.c. information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details and employment details);
1.d. information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address);
1.e. information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication); and
1.f. any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
2. Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person's consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
3. Using personal information
1. Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
2. We may use your personal information to:
2.a. administer our website and business;
2.b. personalise our website for you;
2.c. send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
2.d. send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
2.e. deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
2.f. keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
2.g. verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website.
3. If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
4. Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
5. We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
1. We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
2. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
3. We may disclose your personal information:
3.a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
3.b. in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
3.c. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
4. Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
5. Retaining personal information
1. This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
2. Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
3. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
3.a. to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
3.b. if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
3.c. in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
6. Security of personal information
1. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
2. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
3. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
4. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
5. You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
1. We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
2. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
3. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
8. Your rights
1. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
1.a. the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 10); and
1.b. the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
2. We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
3. You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
4. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9. Third party websites
1. Our website includes hyperlinks to the third party website Ticketsource.co.uk, in addition we use MailChimp and Mailchute email engines.
2. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
10. Updating information
1. Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated
2. A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
3. Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
4. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
5. We use both session and persistent cookies on our website.
6. The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
6.a. we use .ASPXAUTH to validate authenticated users sessions.
6.b. we use _ga to distinguish users.
6.c. we use _gat to distinguish users.
6.d. we use _gid to throttle request rate.
6.e. we use __utma to distinguish users and sessions.
6.f. we use __utmt to throttle request rate.
6.g. we use __utmb to determine new sessions/visits.
6.h. we use __utmc to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
6.i. we use __utmz to store the traffic source or campaign that explains how the user reached the site.
6.j. we use __utmv to store visitor-level custom variable data.
7. Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
7.a. in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
7.b. in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
7.c. in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
12. Data protection registration
1. We are not registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner's Office.
2. Organisations or individuals who only process personal data for judicial functions, to maintain a public register or for domestic or recreational reasons are exempt
13. Our details
1. This website is owned and operated by Bingley Little Theatre.
2. You can contact us:
2.a. by email, using firstname.lastname@example.org